This policy covers how Pathway Energy Solutions, LLC, a Texas corporation ("PATHWAY," “Site,” "we," "us," or "our") treats personal information that it collects and receives on www.Pathwayllc.com. We are not in the business of selling information about you: we use information shared with us for the sole purpose of running and improving our services. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Gather
PATHWAY collects personal information when you request fill out Quote Request or Contact Us form with us, use PATHWAY products or services or post content on a PATHWAY web site or blog. This information is limited to your email address, username, and any information you post on your site.
· PATHWAY may also collect personal information if you enter into promotions or sweepstakes.
· PATHWAY automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request. However, we do not link such information to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
· PATHWAY may collect your business utility information if you fill our Request a Quote form, which may include your business legal entity, address, telephone number, email, utility account number and other information that is necessary in order to process the quote request.
· When signing up for the affiliate program, PATHWAY may collect additional details in order to process payments and comply with tax law, which may include your social security number or EIN, your address, and other information as appropriate.
· PATHWAY uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, support, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
PATHWAY occasionally obtains IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web sites. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
· Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
· Estimate the total number of users visiting PATHWAY’s web sites from specific geographical regions.
· Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
· Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use PATHWAY services or products that require you to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. PATHWAY uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
· Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
· Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the PATHWAY Sites, Products and Services.
· Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
· Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on the PATHWAY Sites, Products and Services.
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
PATHWAY does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the PATHWAY web sites, products and services with others except as described in this policy. We do not share, sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes. PATHWAY may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the PATHWAY products and services, or to do something that you have asked us to do. We use other third parties such as a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes. From time to time, PATHWAY or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on PATHWAY. You may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. This information will be used strictly for the purpose of notifying and arranging delivery of promotional items to the person selected. You may opt out of emails you receive from PATHWAY or any of our partners for promotions, sweepstakes, contests or newsletters here: Unsubscribe. When you register for PATHWAY, we collect user-submitted account information such as username and email address to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service. When you post content on a PATHWAY web site or blog, you have the ability to post content which may include personally identifiable information about yourself. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at support@Pathwayllc.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. PATHWAY stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at support@Pathwayllc.com to request that we remove this information from our database. PATHWAY may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
· We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
How we use collected information
PATHWAY may collect and use users personal information for the following purposes:
· To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
· To personalize user experience. We may use information to understand how our visitors as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
· To process payments. We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
· To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include PATHWAY news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or you can do so here Unsubscribe.
Widgets may support functions that require that you disclose certain personally identifiable information given the user's choice of participation. This information is collected in many different ways such as; forms, surveys, contests, forums, subscribing or unsubscribing to mailings and correcting or updating personally identifiable information and are only used for the purpose in which they were collected. Forms which require sensitive information such; as financial information (credit card) to process purchases for products or services are SSL encrypted to protect your sensitive information.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Social Media Widgets
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. Your account information is password-protected. Additionally, your account's password is stored using a salted, variable work factor, one-way hash algorithm. In certain areas, PATHWAY uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If PATHWAY learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using PATHWAY or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at support@Pathwayllc.com.
Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
You can edit your account information with PATHWAY at any time. You can delete your applicable account by contacting our support and ask that the applicable account be deleted; we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete such information by making the change on our user home page, or by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have a privacy concern regarding PATHWAY, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of those sites, products or services, you should contact us:
By mail at:
PATHWAY ENERGY SOLUTIONS, LLC
600 Congress Ave, 14th Floor
Austin, TX 78701
PATHWAY may revise, modify or update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular PATHWAY account or by placing a prominent notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective. This document was last updated on February 18th, 2015.